EU Aid Volunteers is an initiative of the Directorate-General for European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations (ECHO) that supports humanitarian aid projects and strengths the local capacity and resilience of disaster-affected communities, throught the deployment of volunteers.
HOW IT WORKS
EU and non EU organizations create partnerships to define projects and select, train and deploy full-time volunteers.
The process includes:
- Application (pubblication and submission of vacancies – 1 month)
- Pre-selection (Application review, interviews – 1 month)
- General pre-deployment training (online – 1 month – and face to face – 2 weeks)
- Final selection
- Specific pre-deployment training (1 week)
- Deployment (from 1 to 18 months)
EU Aid Volunteers receive:
- Travel and accommodation during trainings
- Travel and accommodation during deployment
- Subsistence allowance during deployment, based on local costs, to cover the main living costs
- Insurance during deployment
- A resettlement allowance
- Coaching and mentoring
During the preparation time and throughout the deployment the EU Aid Volunteers will be assigned a mentor to define and monitor a learning and development plan.
Through an online platform, EU Aid Volunteers shall also be active in sharing their experience (i.e. with stories and pictures).
WHO CAN APPLY
- EU citizens or long-term residents of EU Member States
- Minimum age of 18
- Candidates with less than 5 years of working experience can apply for JUNIOR position
- Candidates with more than 5 years of working experience can apply for SENIOR positions
HOW TO APPLY
- Read carefully the vacancy on the EUAV portal (https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/echo/eu-aid-volunteers_en/) or at the bottom of this page;
- Download and fill all the necessary documents (Application form, Self-assessment form, CV europass template);
- Submit all the documents by the deadline indicated on each vacancy, to the e-mail address indicated on each vacacy
For more information:
There are no vacancies at the moment. New ones will open in the coming months.